I suppose I get my love of deviled eggs from my family. When we were growing up, we lucky kids were fortunate enough to celebrate almost every one of our birthdays with a big party, tons of food, an abundance of family and of course presents. I think there was a plate of deviled eggs (which would be quickly replenished from a stash in the kitchen) at every party and would usually be the first empty appetizer platter.
last year but I didn't leave the eggs to dye long enough so they were very pale-y colored. So this year I tried again! And left them for hours! Well... it worked!
- Hard boil 6-8 eggs (I bring a pot of water to a boil, gently place the eggs in, boil for 5 minutes and then let sit with the lid on for 30 minutes - then chill in ice water or fridge)
- Cut the eggs in half and put the yolks in a bowl
- Mash the yolks up
- Add 1-2 T yellow mustard to them
- Add enough mayonnaise to hold it all together
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Pipe (or spoon) into the white halves
- I sprinkled a bit of chives or paprika over them for color afterward